The biggest beauty tip that we always hear is to moisturize. Sounds too easy but it can be a little intimidating and confusing at times. Find out the whats, whys and hows of moisturizing and be on your way to beautiful, healthy skin!
At YEOUTH, we understand that skin moisture is a very important necessity to the prevention of skin aging. Given the important role that hyaluronic acid plays in maintaining the moisture of the skin, as well as the perfect compatibility that it has on our skin (AKA no harmful side effects or adverse reactions), we have created a cream that features hyaluronic acid as the key ingredient, with the main purpose of fighting away the early signs of facial skin aging.
Did you know that some of your habits are causing fine lines to appear?
A lot of wrinkles are caused by the sun, and a smaller portion is actually caused by aging skin. However, bad habits can lead to pre-mature sin aging.
It is common knowledge that sun protection is one of the best ways you can avoid wrinkles and fine lines. The damaging UV rays break down the skin's structure like your elastin, collagen, and the epidermis - the skin's top most layer. Genetically, some people are more prone to UV damage than others, and this is not just because of the amount of baseline skin pigment or ethnicity. With UV exposure, there is actually a variation with how much structural damage occurs within a given skin ethnic type.
Here's a good example. Check the difference between wrinkles from age and wrinkles caused by the sun. Look at the skin of the outer surface of your arm and compare it to the under-surface, which is sun protected. Likewise, the skin on your breast is normally sun protected compared to the V of your chest. See the difference in those areas?
So, what other habits can give you fine lines and wrinkles?
1. Squinting in the sun will cause a furrow between your crow's feet and brow lines.
2. Smoking causes more facial wrinkles to appear. Smoker's lines around the mouth are caused by taking drags on cigarettes for an extended period of time.
3. Repeated dominant facial expressions will cause wrinkles over time - let them be smile lines or frown lines.
4. Not exfoliating or using a good moisturizer will cause fine lines. These lines can be reversed with regular use of a good moisturizer and proper exfoliation of the dead cells off your skin's surface. Stay tuned for new YEOUTH exfoliators coming soon. :)
5. Sleeping on your side can cause unnecessary wrinkling between your breasts in time.
If you want to ditch fine lines, follow these simple tips.
1. Cover up! If the sun is shining outside, it's best to wear a sun protection hat. Not just any hat - it should provide enough protection to shield your face and neck.
2. Wear sunscreen daily. Neutrogena Age Shield Face Lotion gives a great matte finish that's water resistant and SPF 70. It is barely visible on the skin and shouldn't sting the eyes or aggravate acne. Perfect under makeup or over your other skin products. Get it here.
3. Combat wrinkles and fine lines with a good, reliable moisturizer. YEOUTH's L22 Anti-aging moisturizer has L22 lipid complex that has been proven to aid in barrier repair and skin hydration. It has Shea Butter, Jojoba and Macadamia seed oil that works to hydrate, firm, and fill wrinkles. Get it here.
4. Use a nice facial exfoliation scrub. If you'd like to make your own organic concoction, check this out. If you prefer the store-bought kind, First Botany Cosmeceuticals Natural Arabica Coffee Scrub is known for its results and affordable price. It is rich in antioxidants which fights premature skin aging sun spots, like wrinkles, wrinkles, and fine lines and has cacao, coconut essence, and Shea butter to moisturize skin. Get it here.
5. If you are serious about fighting the structural damage that causes wrinkles, click here for products with the correct active ingredients in the right concentrations to combat the biochemical changes of sun damage.
Do you know of any other wrinkle-causing habits? Share them below. We would love to hear them!
For younger folks, menopause may seem like a time to rejoice - it ends a lot of monthly concerns that women face on a monthly basis, after all. Think cramps, PMS, tampons, and pre-period breakouts!
Newsflash: all these woes are merely replaced by others.
For a lot of women, menopause is no walk in the park. Night sweats, crawling sensations on the skin, hot flashes, dryness, dry and oily skin, acne, and unwanted hair loss can throw anyone off-balance when menopause strikes.
To add salt to an open wound, skin issues caused by wrong lifestyle choices, sun damage, genetics, and menopause just compound the problem. Skin starts to sag, becomes thinner, and is not as elastic as before. Many women find that their skin condition takes a nosedive almost overnight. Maybe PMS and those tampons aren't so horrible after all.
Menopause Changes Skin
During menopause, the skin loses a lot of its elasticity, resulting into a thinner, more fragile skin. Early intervention is therefore essential.
Start protecting your skin now, regardless of your age.
To keep skin supple and hydrated, use ingredients that stops some of the collagen loss and encourages skin renewal and repair. To fight the skin changes during menopause, look for products that combine the best ingredients and really does the job, like:
1. Hyaluronic acid (found in YEOUTH's Hyaluronic Acid Serum) - nourishes your skin with spring water-like hydration, keeping skin plump and smooth through its ability to bind and hold moisture in the skin's cells.
2. Antioxidants (found in YEOUTH's Vitamin C Serum) - a nutrient that is vital to skin health, Vitamin C effectively protects the skin from free radicals, reviving aged and sun-damaged skin.
3. L22 Lipid Complex (found in YEOUTH's Anti-Aging Moisturizer) - proven in clinical trials to improve skin hydration and barrier repair
4. Tripeptide 31 (found in YEOUTH's Hyaluronic Acid Serum) - mimics the anti-aging properties of Retinoic Acid without the prescription or painful side effects. It is a safe alternative and provides excellent anti-aging benefits.
It's an all-out assault against menopausal and age-related skin concerns.. and time is of the essence!