FREE DELIVERY ON ALL U.S. ORDERS OVER $29.95 | 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL U.S. ORDERS OVER $29.95
April 19, 2016
Is your mind going through a million things that are left undone? Are you catching your breath? Is your pulse heavy? It's time to relax.
Stress can leave your skin looking battered. It is not the direct cause for skin woes, however, if you are prone to psoriasis, acne, eczema, or other skin conditions, you are most likely aware how stress aggravates it.
Read on for our top tips on how you can de-stress your way to healthy skin.
1. Being subjected to stress on a daily basis, even just mild emotional stressors, can put some unwanted worry lines on your face. Try to be more aware of your facial movements as you work. A simple move such as putting a mirror beside your laptop can help you make a conscious effort to relax your face muscles whenever you catch a glimpse of your frowning face.
2. Give yourself a break from work and pamper yourself. This is called sharpening the saw. If you have been planning to remove the main stressors from your life for some time now, why not take a break from all the chaos and go on a mini-vacation to treat yourself?
When we're stressed our bodies create more cortisol, a hormone that plays a huge part in the break down of collagen. Less collagen in your skin equates to more wrinkles in the long run. Take a break from stress, your skin will thank you for it!
3. Stress causes a buildup of dead skin cells, making your skin rough, tired, and dull. When you're exposed to constant stress, your skin will need a little more help removing those dead cells. Exfoliate. Make it a regular routine to exfoliate your skin two to three times a week. Go for less abrasive products with a gentle peel, then follow with a nourishing moisturizer like Yeouth's L22 with Shea Butter, Jojoba, & Macadamia Seed Oil. The moisturizer will do all its work while you sleep, leaving you with healthier, more vibrant skin in the morning.
4. Book an appointment with a facialist. A soothing facial may be all you need to kickstart the process of de-stressing your skin. You will need this most especially if you skin is flaring up due to stress. Your skin will feel significantly smoother, softer, and calmer.
5. Sleep. It's called beauty sleep for good reason. Sleep deprived people are more prone to dark circles, premature aging, dull skin, and inflammation. Our bodies use sleep to shed dead skin cells, recharge the skin, and balance hydration levels. This is why our skin looks tired when we lack sleep. Aim to get at least 6-9 hours of sleep daily.
6. Eat life. Do away with processed and fried foods, and foods laden with sugar. This information may not be new to us, but most people have a difficult time avoiding these foods on a daily basis. Reassess your diet.
7. It's high time that you use a face mask. Regular masking will do magic on your skin and help it look its best. Try not to use purifying or detoxifying masks too often as they can strip your skin of moisture. Go for sheet masks - they are cheaper, and you can try different kinds until you settle on a brand/kind that you love.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 30, 2021
With the advent of innovative skincare products and various tips and tricks, the key to any successful skincare routine remains the same - a proper and effective face cleansing!
Discover some facts on skincare and facial cleansing, the ingredients you should look for in the products you use, and how to use them to make your skin regimen work effectively!
July 23, 2021
July 16, 2021